Banners are enticing marketing collaterals that draw the attention of the people to the brand. Outdoor banners are hung over the office or open areas to encourage people to effect a sale. Outdoor banners, indoor banners, and fabric banners are the heavily-used banner types. Large banners and small banners comprise outdoor banners and are significant marketing collaterals. Banners bring people in droves from different strata of society who view their advertisements, not being restricted to a particular segment of the audience. Vice-versa, the target audience is either driving along or walking past. So don’t be too complacent considering the visibility of your banner to be high, because content is being scanned from speeding vehicles and may not create the impact you so desire.
Banners are a promotional tool that instantly forms some images of big products or people prominently at a spot above the entrance to the business location. These banners are a vivid presentation of your brand and are instantly noticeable to the naked eye because of its giant size and eye-catching colors that registers minutely in the memory. Large banners are typically used for store openings or large clearance sales.
1. Custom Banners can stop customers dead in their tracks and these banners are the prized attraction of the day captivating customers across the street. The main purpose of banners is to view your products displayed on the banner even from a distance.
2. There is no better way than let banners do the talking when it comes to promoting your products and to let customers know of your promotions and latest events. The banner placement has a lot to do with color. Color has to be in contrast with the location of the banner. Any color but the brightest only will not serve the purpose because it has to jell with the product.
3. Size also matters. Since banners are to be viewed from a distance, the font should be typically large. Typically bold sans-serif fonts are used. You must have your brand in mind simultaneously.
4. A thing to remember with banner marketing is to keep the message simple. The banner should not have more than a few words as the target audience is too short for time and will not waste more than a second to read the contents of the banner. Include only the necessary information in the banner and if you are simply looking for brand awareness, you only need to display your company logo or brand name.
5. As the sole purpose of a vinyl banner is to attract attention, you gotta pull all stops by focusing on the passerby’s attention to the banner and so make it a point to add high-quality graphic images on the banner. Images are a touchpoint to the passerby who will promptly sneak a glance at the banner.
Keep your brand in mind when designing a banner because no amount of colors and pictures will undo the harm caused by an ill-fitting picture and raunchy color that does not go hand-in-hand with your brand. It is all the more logical to design banners that remain true to your brand identity and brand personality.